Monday, July 6, 2009

Sheridan Head Turn

A thing I like to do a lot is look at students work and try to do it myself, of course, I don't have the teachers helping me along the way but I think that may make me a little more independant in the long run.

As far as I know, this one of the earlier projects Sheridan College students must complete.
It's a head turn of an existing character, then an expression change, then lip sync to the word meow. For now I think i'm just going to stick with a head turn only, it seems I have a lot of work to do.

See for yourself,
At the moment I have half the work done, 21 drawings out of a total of 42.


My main issue with it is the hair and the line continuity. The hair constantly changes shape above his forehead, and his eyes and nose jitter too much. I guess i need to put more time into my inbeetween's (Drawings between the main drawings - Keys).

Also if you couldn't tell, the character is Zeus of the movie "Hercules" by Disney.

No comments: